An American Hemerocallis Society Display Garden is simply another way of educating people about the joys of daylilies.
To qualify as a display garden, the following criteria must be met:
· You must be a member of the American Hemerocallis Society
· Your garden must have a representative sampling of different types and forms of daylilies.
· You must have a representative sampling of different hybridizers.
· Each daylily clump must be tagged with the registered cultivar name and hybridizer.
· Year of introduction on the tag is nice but not necessary.
· Gardens should be weeded and maintained.
· Gardens must be open via appointment, open gardens, or, if commercial, on a regular basis during bloom season.
· Display Garden status must be renewed annually.
In short, the primary purpose of a Display Garden is to show you a variety of types and styles (mini’s, doubles, unusual forms, large, extra large, spiders, polytepals, etc) of daylilies from various hybridizers throughout the world.